Hey everyone! We created this group as part of our Globalization, Cyber Culture and Future Studies course. Throughout the winter 2011 semester, we have promoted scooter safety around our campus at Universite Sains Malaysia. Now we are asking you to join us in continuing our journey to protect our scooter drivers as well as pedestrians throughout Malaysia! This group is created to spread scooter safety awareness and to encourage safe driving practices most specifically around our campus. Hopefully by started small we can eventually campaign for some serious change throughout Penang, and then throughout Malaysia. Please join our group and help us help you!! Thanks again from our group Scooterdanger2011!
Board of Directors
Stephanie Dawe – Creator and President
Nisha Patel – Vice President
Laura Doulton – Vice President of Communications
Ginger Greey – Fundraising Representative
Chris Dunne – Marketing and Advertising Executive
Lucas Allen – Social Representative
Vision and Values
Our vision is to build a safety focused environment for scooter drivers and pedestrians throughout Malaysia.
Scooterdanger2011 shares a set of values that shape how we live everyday. Our core values set common direction on how to make decisions about safety with a sense of pride and leadership. We recognize that it is not only what we achieve, but how we achieve it that truly makes us proud of our accomplishments. We believe our core values develop a culture of genuine concern for our teammates, by working collaboratively for the betterment of our campus. We are willing to challenge the standards and laws already in place, by promoting the best possible safety practices in order to work towards a safe environment for everyone. We feel empowered to challenge the norms and promote safety awareness to students at Universite Sains Malaysia while working towards our vision.
Scooterdanger2011 is a outgoing, leadership-driven group whose people are committed to promoting scooter laws and regulations throughout University Sains Malaysia campus.
Open Communication – Fostering an environment where information moves freely in a timely manner
Safety – Relentless commitment to protecting ourselves, our fellow students, and our community
Teamwork – Sharing our ideas in an open and supportive manner to achieve excellence
Leadership – Empowering individuals to help guide and inspire others
- Increase scooter safety awareness throughout Universite Sains Malaysia.
- Have a 50% increase in attendees at the December 2011 work shop, compared to the September 2011 workshop.
- Meet biweekly in the International Office student lounge on Fridays at 4pm.
- Work collaboratively to arrange a work shop for students that will run over the course of one semester (Fall 2011), having the work shop offered monthly to students who want to come.
- Build a team to work alongside the Marketing and Advertising Executive to promote the work shop and encourage students to attend.
- Place posters all over campus, promoting scooter safety and posting scooter statistics.
- Form a Facebook group and invite students from Universite Sains Malaysia to join.
- Build a team to work alongside the VP of Communications to write the content for the flyers and handouts.
- Hand out flyers and handouts monthly to students and place them on scooters around campus.